Mosaic Style Truck Art Design
You Will Need:
Fevicryl Acrylic Colours - Black 02, Chrome Yellow 03, Lemon Yellow 11, Orange 17, Ultramarine Blue 23, White 27, Sky Blue 63, Greenery 67, Neon Orange 012, Neon Pink 018, Fevicryl Mouldit, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, 12” x 16” Fine Art Canvas Board, Fine Art Brushes, Rolling Pin, Paper Cutter, Pencil, Pizza Cutter, Ruler, A3 White Paper, White Carbon Paper, Colour Palette, Water Container
Trucks in India are known to have display of interesting slogans, colors, decorative articles, and countless symbols, we have tried getting truck art getting displayed through your homes.
STEP 1 : Source the base material
- Take a plain canvas board measuring 12” x 16” in size.
- We are going to make a truck art canvas with a mosaic pattern using Mouldit and Acrylic Colours.
STEP 2 : Paint the design
- Paint the canvas with a base coat of Acrylic Colour - Black 02.
- Let it dry.
STEP 3 : Make the pattern
- We are going to make a mosaic pattern using Mouldit.
- Take Mouldit - resin base and hardener, mix it thoroughly to form an even dough.
STEP 4 : Make the coils
- Take an A3 white paper, draw a truck art design with a typography that reads, “Dekho Magar Pyar Se” in the centre.
- Trace this design on the canvas with white carbon paper.
- Take some dough, roll it to make thin coils
- Stick the coils to overwrite the phrase using Fabric Glue.
STEP 5 : Clay slab technique
- Take the dough, roll it into a slab using a rolling pin.
STEP 6 : Make the clay pieces
- Mark and cut mosaic pieces out of the slab.
STEP 7 : Paint the design
- Stick the mosaic pieces aesthetically to create a truck art pattern on the canvas using Fabric Glue.
- Leave it to dry.
- Start painting the pattern with Acrylic Colours - Black 02, Chrome Yellow 03, Lemon Yellow 11, Ultramarine Blue 23, White 27, Sky Blue 63, Greenery 67, Neon Orange 012 & Neon Pink 018.
STEP 8 : Final look
- The finished canvas with a truck art design will look like this.