April 7, 2021
Fevicryl Acrylic Colours Black 02, Teal Blue 68, Fevicryl Acrylic Colour Pearl Metallic Gold 352, Bronze 355, Fevicryl Mouldit, Fevicryl, Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, Metal Kettle, Corrugated Box Flap, Pencil, Different Sticking Elements (Dry Pasta, Ear Buds, Match Sticks, Plastic Bottle Lids, Bolts, Bottle Caps, Sequins, Cut Dana, Ball Chain, Shells, Candy Sticks, Wooden Buttons, Ornamental Stones), Scissors, Paper Cutter, Tissue Paper, Colour Palette, Water Container
This kettle is love! Regal owls with patina effect make this kettle oh so cool! You just need a few things around the house and Fevicryl products to make this; so get going.
• We are going to make the kettle with mixed media owls. • Take a plain metal kettle.
• Cover the kettle by sticking the plain white tissue paper using Fabric Glue. • Let it dry completely.
• Take the corrugated box flap. • Draw few 5 to 6 owls on it. (We have taken 6 owls, the number it depends on the periphery of the kettle)
• We are going to decorate the owl with different elements like the dry pasta, ear buds, match sticks, plastic bottle lids, bolts, bottle caps, the sequins, cut dana, ball chain, shells, candy sticks, wooden buttons, ornamental stones using Fabric Glue. • Let it dry. • We are going to make few parts of the owl with Mouldit. • Take Mouldit resin base and hardener; mix it thoroughly to make even dough. • Take the dough, shape it to make the wings, the long ears and legs of the owl sticking it with Fabric Glue aesthetically. Let it dry. • Refer to the image to see the owls at this stage.
• Paint the owls with the patina metal look using Acrylic Colours Black 02, Teal Blue 68, Pearl Metallic Gold 352 and Bronze 355. • Let it dry completely.
• Similarly paint the kettle with same colours Acrylic Colours Black 02, Teal Blue 68, Pearl Metallic Gold 352 and Bronze 355. • Let it dry completely. • Stick the owls at equal distance using Fabric Glue. • Leave it to dry completely.