Kedia Style Top For Navratri
Make this beautiful kedia with tie and dye technique using Fevicryl Fabric Colours. Paint a group of men and women playing garba dance for the occasion of Navratri festival.
STEP 1 : Source the base material
- Take 2-meter poplin fabric, divide the fabric in two halves further to stitch the kedia.
- Tie the fabric with cobbler thread to get the required tie and dye effect.
STEP 2 : Dye the fabric
- Dye the fabric using Fevicryl Fabric Colours Orange 217, Prussian Blue 219, Sap Green 221, Ultramarine Blue 223, Violet 225, Sky Blue 263 and Deep Brilliant Purple 264.
- Let it dry.
- Remove the thread after drying.
STEP 3 : Draw and trace the design
- Take A3 white paper, draw the garba dancing group of men and women inspired from contemporary Indian artist Anuradha Thakur on it.
- Trace the same design on the dyed fabric towards both ends with white carbon paper.
STEP 4 : Paint the design
- Paint the design with Fevicryl Fabric Colours Black 202, Chrome Yellow 203, Crimson 204, Maroon 214, Orange 217, Prussian Blue 219, Sap Green 221, Ultramarine Blue 223, Violet 225, White 227, Sky Blue 263 and Deep Brilliant Purple 264.
- Let it dry.
STEP 5 : Finishing touches
- Get the kedia stitched from a tailor.
- Attach colourful kawri shells towards the bottom side of the kedia using needle and thread.
- Similarly attach the kawri shells also on the tassels.
STEP 6 : Final look
- Your kedia top for Navratri is ready!