Jewellery Box For Valentines Day
By Hobby Ideas Team
Jan. 21, 2021
You Will Need :
Fevicryl Acrylic Colours Chrome Yellow 03, Crimson 04, Magenta 13, Orange 17, Pink 18, Violet 25, White 27, Neon Pink 018, Fevicryl Mouldit, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, Wooden Box, Pencil, Ruler, Rolling Pin, Paper Cutter, Clay Carving Tools, Metal Key, Wooden Mehendi Blocks, Colour Palette, Water Container
Make some memories with your special one and then store the mementoes in this lovely box. This as a gift will also be cherished for a long long time.
STEP 1 : Mixing Mouldit
• We are going to make the jewellery box with the Mouldit engraved tiles on the box of the lid.
• Take the Mouldit resin base and hardener; mix it thoroughly to make even dough.
STEP 2 : Roll the dough
• Take the dough; roll it to make a medium thin slab with rolling pin.
STEP 3 : Take the base
• We need wooden box to make the engraved tile design on its lid.
• Take the wooden box measuring approximately 7” x 7” in size.
STEP 4 : Draw the design
• Take the box and draw the design by dividing the space of the lid with the square and rectangle shapes for the basic shapes of the tiles.
• Keep the centre in big square shape with the word “love” in it.
• Refer to the image
STEP 5 : Make the slabs
• Take the semi dry slab.
• Mark and cut the similar shapes out of the clay with paper cutter.
• Engrave few designs in each shape of the tile as well as make few shapes on it like balloons, hearts, flowers, impression of key, floral mandala and stars on it, using Fabric Glue for sticking wherever required.
• Let it dry completely.
STEP 6 : The clay design
• Your wooden box will look like this after the clay tile design.
• Let it dry completely.
STEP 7 : Paint the base
• Paint the box with the base coat of Acrylic Colour White 27.
• Let it dry.
STEP 8 : Painting the box
• Paint the clay tiles with the base coat of magenta shade using Acrylic Colours Magenta 13.
• Let it get semi dry and then wipe out the colour with rough rag so that it will spread in the engraved design as well as in the grooves. Let it dry.
• Paint the tiles with the shades of the pink and violets using Acrylic Colours Chrome Yellow 03, Crimson 04, Magenta 13, Orange 17, Pink 18, Violet 25, White 27 and Neon Pink 018.
• Paint the walls of the box with Acrylic Colour Orange 17, White 27 and Neon Pink 018.
• Leave it to dry completely.
• Your jewellery box for Valentine’s Day is ready.