Oct. 5, 2020
Fevicryl Acrylic Colours Acrylic Colour Burnt Sienna 01, Prussian Blue 19, White 27, Cerulean Blue 32, Salmon Pink 65, Greenery 67, Neon Yellow 011, Neon Orange 017, Neon Pink 018, Fevicryl 3 D Outliner Yellow 703, Orange 705, White 707, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, Scissors, Pencil, Thick Canvas Fabric, Pom- Pom Lace, Colourful Assorted Beads, Diamond Shape Mirrors, Needle And Thread, Key Chain Ring, Key Chain Hook, Colour Palette, Water Container.
Make cool garba latkans for this festive season to worn with your festive attire. Read on to learn more..
• We are going to make the latkan for the occasion of the Navaratri festival. • Take the piece of canvas sheet fabric.
• Draw the dancing figures on it.
• Mark and cut the outline of the figure with a pair of the scissors. • Refer to the image. • Mark and cut one more figure in reverse for the rear side of the latkan on it.
• Paint the figure with Acrylic Colour Burnt Sienna 01, Prussian Blue 19, White 27, Greenery 67, Neon Yellow 011 and Neon Pink 018. • Let it dry.
• Take one more piece of the thick canvas fabric, mark and cut the semi circle measuring 3” radius. • Draw fan like lines on it.
• Paint the line design using Acrylic Colours Prussian Blue 19, Neon Orange 017 and Neon Pink 018 • Leave it to dry.
• Decorate this semi circle by sticking the small ornamental glass beads and diamond shape small mirrors using Fabric Glue and 3 D Outliner Yellow 703. • Let it dry.
• We are going to fold the painted canvas fabric like this to attach to the dancing figure. • Stick the Pom- Pom lace at the bottom of the skirt with Fabric Glue. • Refer to the main image.
• Decorate hair bun of the dancing figure by depicting garland in hair and the outline of the Dupatta using 3 D Outliner white 707 and orange 705. Let it dry. • Stick beads on the dupatta using Fabric glue. • Let it dry completely. • The painted mirror image dancing figures and the decorative Ghagra will look like this.
• Stick both the dancing figures appropriately back to back using Fabric Glue. • Let it dry completely.
• Take the Needle and the thread and assorted beads. • Pass the thread through the beads to make the beaded strand. • Attach the beaded strand to the dancing figure with the help of the Fabric glue. • Let it dry refer to the image.
• Make two such set of the dancing figures. • Attach the key chain ring and the hook pin to the figures neatly. • The finished latkan with dancing figures will look like this.