Textured Terracotta Bowl
You Will Need:
Fevicryl Acrylic Colours - Golden Yellow 09, Maroon 14, Sap Green 21, White 27, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, Plain Terracotta Bowl, White Carbon Paper, Pencil, A4 White Paper, Pencil, Tracing Paper, Clear Varnish, Colour Palette, Water Container
Learn how to texture surfaces with Fevicryl Fabric Glue. A simple terracotta transformed marvelously into an attractive art piece. Choose shades and make patterns that you wish and use this technique on varied other projects and DIYs.
STEP 1 : Source the base
- Take a plain terracotta pot, clean and dry thoroughly. The periphery is going to be textured using Fevicryl Fabric Glue and then painted.
STEP 2 : Choose a pattern
- On an A4 white paper, draw an ornamental seamless pattern.
STEP 3 : Transfer the design
- Trace the pattern on the bowl using white carbon paper.
STEP 4 : Texturing technique
- Follow the pattern on the pot using a generous amount of Fabric Glue. This once dried, will give a relief raised effect and would stay prominently highlighted when painted too.
- Let it dry.
STEP 5 : Paint the pot
- Paint the pot in a light shade of green made by mixing Fevicryl Acrylic Colours - Sap Green 21 and White 27 over the textured pattern. The pattern would stand out beautifully once painted. Let this dry.
STEP 6 : Dry Strokes technique
- Give dry strokes of paint on the textured surface with Acrylic Colour – Sap Green 21, let it dry and then repeat with White 27. (Dry stroke - Without using any water, dip your brush in paint and give strokes lending a natural and realistic look to the pot).
STEP 7 : Final stage
- Give a varnish to protect and give a shine to your earthy pot. Once dried your pot will look like this.