Indigo Shrug With Gotta Patti Mandala
You Will Need:
Fevicryl Fabric Colours Black 202, Prussian Blue 219, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, Plain White Dupatta, Thread for Tying, Gotta Patti Silver Colour (Tear Drop Shapes, Round and Leaf Shape Packets), Scissors, Colour Palette, Water Container
Create a beautiful shrug with tie and dye technique on a dupatta using gotta patti style Mandala Art technique.
STEP 1 : Source the base material
- Take a plain white dupatta
- We are going to make a tie and dye shrug in indigo shade and embellish it with gotta patti style in Mandala Art Design.
STEP 2 : Fan folding
- Tie the dupatta by gathering two opposite corners like fan folding.
- Dampen the tied dupatta with water, remove the excess water.
STEP 3 : Dye the dupatta
- Dye the tied dupatta with indigo shade made by mixing Fabric Colours Black 202 and Prussian Blue 219.
- Let it dry.
STEP 4 : Remove the threads
- Remove threads to get the leheriya pattern effect.
STEP 5 : Enhance and embellish
- Enhance and embellish the dupatta by making Mandala design randomly using Fabric Glue for sticking.
- Let it dry.
STEP 6 : Final look
- We have stitched a shrug through this dupatta.
- Measure your shoulder length to the arm pits and make markings on the dupatta, cut the oval shape in the arm area further to wear it as the shrug.
- Stitch the oval cut border to avoid fraying of the fabric.
- Your stitch shrug with dupatta will look like this.