Coconut Shell Elephant
You Will Need :
Fevicryl Acrylic Colours Black 02, Fevicryl Metallic Powder Silver 20, Fevicryl Mouldit, Fevicryl Fabric Glue, Fine Art Brushes, Rolling Pin, Clay Carving Tools, Used Coconut Shell, Paper Cutter, Polish Paper, Colour Palette, Water Container
This is indeed a super cool best out of waste inspiration! A gorgeous Turkish elephant decor made with coconut shells and Fevicryl products. Interested? Read more to learn how we made this.
STEP 1 : Source and prepare the base
- We are going to make the elephant with Coconut shell and Mouldit.
- Take the coconut shell, make the smooth surface with polish paper.
STEP 2 : Mix Mouldit
- Take the Mouldit resin base and hardener, mix it thoroughly to make even dough.
STEP 3 : Roll the dough
- Take the dough, roll it to make the medium thin slab with a rolling pin.
STEP 4 : Moulding the elephant
- Cover the shell with the slab by sticking it with Fabric Glue.
- Let it dry.
- We are going to decorate the back of the shell elephant with the coils and engrave the design. Take some dough, roll it to make the coils.
- Stick the coil on the back of the shell elephant with Fabric Glue. Let it dry.
- Engrave the design on the back with clay carving tools.
- Take some clay to make the face, trunk, and ears of the elephant.
- Stick the trunk, the ears with Fabric Glue.
- Create the dotted texture on the ears with clay carving tools. Let it dry.
STEP 5 : Painting the base black
- Paint the elephant with using Acrylic Colour Black 02.
- Wipe and remove the colour from the figurine to give it a rustic look.
- Let it dry.
STEP 6 : Finishing
- Paint the elephant with antique silver look using Acrylic Colour Black 02 and Metallic silver powder.
- Let it dry completely.
- Your elephant will look like this.